Win a Trip to Volunteer with Manos Unidas in Cusco, PERU . . .
How Much can You Fundraise??
Manos Unidas is kicking off its first Student Fundraising Campaign! University Students in the state of Washington with a major related to the mission of Manos Unidas and its activities can apply for this 8 week campaign to raise a minimum of $3,500 each.
THE STUDENT WHO RAISES THE MOST FUNDS WINS AN ALL-EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO PERU AND 2 WEEKS OF VOLUNTEERING AT MANOS UNIDAS
Campaign includes a free fundraising workshop, coaching and competition incentives by Manos Unidas U.S. Board of Directors and Co-Founder/Executive Director Celeste Marion
Application Deadline: October 15, 2014
Fundraising Workshop: October 18, 2014
Fundraiser Kickoff: October 22, 2014
Grand finale awards party: December 7, 2014
- Participants must be current students in a Washington State University studying a field related to the mission of Manos Unidas and its activities (Education, Psychology, Health, International Relations, Spanish, Latin American Studies, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech, etc.) ·
- Students will be selected to fund raise for MU based on their personal interest story ·
- Campaign participants will receive a free fundraising workshop by Manos Unidas US Board members and Co-Founder/Executive Director Celeste Marion on the kickoff day of the campaign in Seattle, WA
- All donations are tax-deductible and will be made to Manos Unidas International
- Campaign Incentives will be given on a weekly basis (Ex: the participant who receives the most $25 donations this week will receive a $100 credit towards their final total)
- Campaign participants will assist in the organization of the Grand Finale awards party with the Manos Unidas US Board of Directors and receive credit towards their final total for In Kind sponsorships for the event (Ej: the participant who secures a sponsorship for food receives a $500 credit towards their final total)
- Campaign participants will be assigned a MU US Board Member as their mentor during the campaign.
- Two “rally” meetings will be held during the campaign to assess progress, exchange fundraising ideas, meet with mentors and encourage participants
- The winning trip to Cusco, PERU will be valid for booking up to 1 year
- Second and third place contestant prizes may include plane tickets to Peru, Macchu Picchu entrance tickets or accommodation (we want you to come to Peru!)
How to Participate:
- Please answer the following questions and send to Celeste Marion, Manos Unidas Co-Founder and Executive Director:
- How do you think a Trip to Peru to Volunteer with Manos Unidas will impact your career pathway?
- What would you personally like to gain from this trip?
- What experience do you have fundraising (if any)?
- SEND ESSAY TO: MANOSUNIDASINTL@GMAIL.COM
Join us this fall in taking Manos Unidas to the next level of support in the Northwest!
Questions? Contact Celeste Marion at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at: 425 770-0362